Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Question about sessions
 Prophets Dream Kennel
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
4/23/2024 2:09:21 PM reply with quote send message to Prophets Dream Kennel Object to Post   

I have to ask here because I haven't found an answer in the help section, If I don't session my dogs for a day, will they decrease in a single day will stay where they are?

Asking case I need to sell sessions for the newt few days and don't want my dogs to suffer with those days no being worked or seasoned.

Thank you all!
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/23/2024 2:38:40 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

They'll stay where they are as long as they are on a high quality food. Muscle tone and coat condition might increase incrementally on their own because of diet, but show obedience requires daily sessions to 20.

Also, if you didn't know, you can auto session dogs here using "assistants":
https://www.showdog.com/users/kennel_assistants.aspx

Prophets Dream Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/23/2024 4:11:36 PM reply with quote send message to Prophets Dream Kennel Object to Post

posted by Comet Poodles
They'll stay where they are as long as they are on a high quality food. Muscle tone and coat condition might increase incrementally on their own because of diet, but show obedience requires daily sessions to 20.

I did not know that much, just wanted to check before I did so much today and couldn't undo anything if it went wrong or something.
 CzarinaKennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/23/2024 10:06:51 PM reply with quote send message to CzarinaKennels Object to Post

You can create your own food formulas as well to help raise your dogs muscle/coat/condition. The * best * formula is a 1777 formula. Lowest amount on vitamin as it actually doesn’t effect the dog at all, and 7 (the highest slot) on all the others will get things increasing the fastest. Just make sure puppies are on puppy food and adults are on adult or it will negatively affect them. Once the dogs fully sessioned you can switch to Pet House for show dogs, or super duper adult formula and that will keep it steady. Though some people prefer to keep on the higher quality foods.
 CzarinaKennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/23/2024 10:08:45 PM reply with quote send message to CzarinaKennels Object to Post

Whoops I meant medicines/vaccines not vitamins(it won’t let me edit the original for some reason)

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.